Featured post

A River Adventure

 Mum always liked to listen to the radio while they were having their breakfast. 'One of the thieves, who has been robbing jewellery ...

Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Haiku - First attempt(s)

Haiku baffle me, I must confess.
And how does the «cutting word» really work anyway? Even after these two humble attempts, I'm not quite sure whether I used it correctly or would actually be able to identify it.



Fat frog on a pad
one less dragonfly around -
Just life on the pond


Don't you vanish now
What of your honey so sweet?
My tea forever bitter




Somehow I feel tempted - Oh so tempted - to give each of these samples a title.  If so, would they still be considered haiku

As they are, can they be called haiku or is it too audacious or over-ambitious of me?  

Your help in clarifying these questions is more than welcome - and obviously needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment